What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website, or app?
When submitting inquiries for travel services (rent vacation, hotel, boat charter, tours, transfers...) on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, or other details. We collect information from you when you submit a form or enter information on our site and may use the information we collect from you when you submit an inquiry/reservation for travel services in the following ways:
- Respond to your inquiry or reservation
- Offer travel service to you according to your wishes and needs
- Respond to you with confirmation of the reservation
- Occasionally send you special offers and promotions
- Send you greeting cards for Christmas, New Year, birthdays, etc...
- Kindly ask you to review our services on social networks, Google reviews, and our TripAdvisor page
After submitting inquiry form we collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
Tendo luxury travel
Andrije Hebranga 106A
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use McAffe software for malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks (CloudFlare) and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider (PayPal, Stripe and RBA bank) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Understand and save users' preferences for future visits.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart / reservation form
- Alanizy website performance, logs, and errors
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
Re-marketing with Google AdSense
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
Demographics and Interests (boat, tours, accommodation, hotel, destination, things to do) Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad services functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add-on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. Croatian law spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email : Within 1(one) business day
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
To be in accordance with anti-spam regulations, we agree to the following:
- Do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.